Payl8r Finance: Frequently Asked Questions
Is it interest free?
Yes there are interest free periods and these will be stated on your application and summary.
Will I qualify?
Yes, provided that you are a UK citizen and have a UK bank account with a credit or debit card and online banking. The decision to grant your credit for a particulate item and period depends on your affordability and credit profile.
Do I need a bank account?
Yes. You must have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits and you must have online banking.
Do I need a debit or credit card?
Do I need to pay a deposit?
Yes. The amount of the deposit is detailed at the start of your application and on your summary. The standard deposit is 10%. The deposit is only taken once you have been accepted on Payl8r.
How long should it take to make a decision?
For most customers the decision is automated and takes 30 seconds after you confirm your application.
For a small majority of customers, your application may require additional information and therefor it can take longer. You will be notified by email.
I still haven't been given decision - please help
If you have not been given a decision after 12 hours, please email here; firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I repay the loan?
Your monthly repayments are collected from your debit card. In some circumstances, we may collect via a Direct Debit but we will inform you of this before we do so.
Can I repay early?
Yes, you can repay early and there is no extra cost if you repay early.
Interest Free Period
You have the right to repay the loan in its entirety within the interest free period. You can also repay the loan at any point after the interest free period.
How much does it cost?
The total cost of the loan is shown clearly on your application and summary.
Does the interest compound?
Not with our standard plans, they are fixed sum credit agreement.
Are there any hidden costs?
No. All the interest and costs are clearly stated on your credit agreement.
Are there any other charges or costs?
If you fail to pay any amount you owe under the Credit Agreement by the date it is due you will be charged interest on that amount until you pay it.
There may also be costs for trying to recover the loan amount, such as:
• Processing any payment made other than by Direct Debit, sending arrears letters, reminders or documents to which you are not entitled.
• Arrears telephone calls.
• Tracing you if you move address without notifying them.
• Cheques, standing orders or Direct Debits which are dishonored, stopped or not paid by you.
Please refer to the credit agreement for full details.
How long before I have to repay a loan?
You choose this and it is clearly stated on your credit agreement.
What if I miss payment?
Its fine to miss a payment, provided that you can make payment for that installment within the next 14 days.
If you fail to make other payments, then extra charges may be applied as detailed in your credit agreement. There may also be costs for trying to recover the loan amount, such as:
• Processing any payment made other than by Direct Debit or CPA.
• Sending arrears letters, reminders or documents to which you are not entitled.
• Arrears telephone calls and text messages.
• Tracing you if you move address without notifying Payl8r.
What if I'm already in debt?
If you are already experiencing problems meeting existing financial commitments, please do not apply for credit. Further borrowing will only add to your commitments and repayments will commence within a month. If you need help with your debts, we recommend you talk to the Citizens Advice Bureau or the Consumer Credit Counselling Service.
Why was I declined?
Often, the reason for a decline is that incorrect information has been entered in the credit application form. Please ensure you carefully enter all required information.
Unfortunately, we cannot give reasons for every decline but common reasons are:
• Multiple accounts in default.
• Incorrect details used.
• Debit card not registered to address given.
• Bad status on payday loan accounts.
• Failure to meet affordability criteria.
How do I return or refund my goods or cancel my purchase or service?
1. It is your responsibility to contact the retailer or service provider that you made your purchase from and arrange a refund or return under their refund/returns policy.
2. If the retailer authorises a refund and repays Payl8r the money that was sent to them for the goods or service then we will cancel your loan agreement and you will have nothing more to pay. Anything paid thus far will be returned to you. Depending on the price of your goods or service there maybe a cancellation fee not exceeding £10.
3. Unless we are notified by a Retailer that a return or refund is in progress, we will continue to process any Automatic Payments in accordance with the dates set out in your Payment Schedule and in accordance with the FCA regulated contract between you and Payl8r.
4. If the retailer does not authorise the refund or does not return the money to Payl8r, then you will be liable for the full loan agreement and instalments as set out in the FCA regulated contract between you and Payl8r.
5. Any disputes regarding the Refund or Return must be taken up by you and the Retailer (and not with Payl8r). It is the retailer that either owes you the money or does not you owe you based on their returns/refund policy. Please be aware that, if you stop your payment and the retailer has not authorised the refund or return then you will be immediately liable for the full amount of the loan plus all interest plus all associated fees as per the FCA regulated contract between you and Payl8r.
What is the refund process?
1. Contact the retailer you made your purchase from.
2. The retailer will take care of the rest. Please allow up to 10 working days.
Can I cancel my credit agreement if I change my mind?
Yes. You can cancel for free within 14 days.
You MUST email email@example.com within 14 days and pay any outstanding balance and interest within 30 days.
For all information about your order status including delivery or tracking queries, please contact your retailer directly.
If you have already contacted the retailer and not had a response after 36 hours, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Where do I obtain a VAT invoice?
Please contact the retailer you have purchased from.
Why do you need to see my bank information?
We do this to verify for fraud measures and your affordability.
We cannot see the transactions names and we do not store any information after the application. Furthermore, your personal information is encrypted before transmission to ensure it cannot be viewed by any unauthorised third party.
Is it safe to apply on line? Will my details be secure?
Yes. It is extremely safe to apply on-line. Your personal information is encrypted before transmission to ensure it cannot be viewed by any unauthorised third party. Our software and hardware is PCI compliant and we are member of the Information Commissions Office for Data Protection.
Do I have to provide ID?
Sometimes, for security measures we may require a proof of ID after your application has been approved and your deposit has been paid.
Is the application confidential?
Yes, we will make a check on your credit profile to make sure that the credit we offer is affordable.
Do you check my Credit Profile?
Yes, we run a credit check for automatic decisioning on your application and to ensure we are lending responsibly. We may also request a copy of your bank statements that you can supply electronically.
What will happen to my Credit Profile if I use Payl8r?
If you repay your loan on time, and do not miss payments, then your credit score will improve.
If you do not pay on time and miss up to 3 months of installments, then your credit score may get worse.