Laser Hair Removal Watford
Why choose laser hair removal?
Tired of constant shaving and waxing?
Suffering from rash or ingrown hair?
Embarrassed by excess hair?
Need long lasting results?
Laser hair removal is a cosmetic procedure for the safe removal of undesired facial and body hair via laser. Hair grows where it’s genetically predisposed to grow but whether it’s fine or thick, light or dark it’s up to you if it stays.
Permanent laser hair removal and reduction has been extensively researched, tested and proven highly effective in permanently reducing and removing unwanted hair.
CALL: 01923 804445
How does laser hair removal work?
The process begins with a quick consultation, including a patch test on the area you wish to target, allowing us to tailor the treatment / laser settings according to your needs. The practitioner will use the 3D-Trilogy Ice laser device in a smooth gliding and cooling motion to safely, comfortably and effectively remove hair across all skin types. Laser hair removal utilises laser light pulses to selectively target the melanin (colour) inside of hair follicles. Pigment inside the hair follicle absorbs the light beam of the laser, this process damages the follicle, greatly diminishing further growth. The surrounding skin is at no risk as the light is absorbed by the hair follicle.
After treatment, the targeted hair needs time to be processed through the skin, shedding after one to three weeks. Hair may still appear to grow during this time which is completely normal and does not signify a failed treatment. Hair removal lasers can only target hairs which are in the active growth stage (anagen phase) which is why multiple treatments are required at scheduled intervals to target the remaining follicles. This is also why your results might initially appear “patchy”. Directly after treatment your skin might be slightly red accompanied by a raised / bumpy texture atop the treated follicles. This usually persists for only an hour or two but clients with higher sensitivity to the treatment might experience this for longer. As the hairs are processed out by the body over the course of a few weeks some clients report a tingly sensation in the area. The treatment is safe and very effective, if you have any questions refer to our faq on laser hair removal or contact us to book your consultation today.
LASER HAIR REMOVAL PRE- & POST-TREATMENT CARE
- The treatment area must be clean shaven for your appointment, unless you are treating the face.
- Take care to avoid any exposure to UV light in the 7 days leading up to treatment.
- Please keep in mind that if you suffer sunburn or catch a tan you will need to wait 2 weeks before treatment can commence or further irritation to your skin is risked.
- Avoid using fake tanning products in the 7 days leading up to treatment. If you have been using them before this time period please exfoliate to try and remove any residue.
- For 2 weeks before and after treatment make sure to avoid chemical peels and any procedures involving lasers.
- Please check if any products in your skincare routine contain any of the following chemicals/ingredients and if so avoid them for 7 days prior to treatment: Alpha hydroxy and beta hydroxyl products (AHA/BHA), hydroquinone, retinols/retinoid, Tazorac, and Differin.
- Clients who experience cold sores are recommended to take an anti-viral before treatment as the procedure can act as a trigger.
- Clients must avoid waxing, tweezing and epilation 21 days before treatment otherwise this interferes with the lasers ability to locate hair follicles.
- If there are any lesions, moles or spots present on the target area we ask that you seek medical advise prior to treatment as you will need clearance from your doctor before we can move forward.
- Unfortunately if you have been taking Accutane or similar products within the last 6 months we are unable to perform laser hair removal on you due to medical concerns.
- If you have received a cosmetic treatment such as Botox or dermal fillers, you need to wait 2 weeks both before and after injection before receiving treatments in those areas.
- Antibiotics have been known to increase photosensitivity, we ask that you are free of such medications for 7 days before treatment.
- Clients should avoid any physical activity that increases blood pressure or body temperature for 2 hours before and after treatments.
- If you are coming in for leg / bikini treatments please avoid wearing boots or constrictive clothing such as skinny jeans.
- Stay away from UV exposure for 7 days after treatment.
- Sun protection of at least SPF 30 should be worn daily. (Even without laser removal!)
- No further laser or skin treatments should be undergone for at least 2 weeks until the area has healed.
- In the event of redness or tenderness, cold towels, ice packs or 100% aloe vera gel can alleviate discomfort.
- Avoid devices that generate heat such as saunas, hot tubs, hot showers, electric blankets and seat warmers.
- Do not apply creams, makeup, deodedrant, moisturisers, oils or perfumed products for 24 hours after treatment.
- In the case of leg / bikini treatments avoid wearing boots, skinny jeans or tight leggings directly after treatment
- Be patient – don’t start waxing or tweezing hair out, shaving is allowed but other than that let treatment process work.
- Gently exfoliate treated areas to minimise risk of ingrown hair
- If a blister occurs, leave them alone!. Contact us or a medical provider and you may be recommended antibiotic ointment until healed.
- Although unlikely, if you experience side effects, please contact us for aftercare advise or for anything more severe contact a medical professional.
- For best results it’s critical you follow the advise of our staff to schedule your treatment course over the necessary intervals, 6-8 treatments are typical required per area.
Why is Trilogy ICE superior?
Trilogy ICE is one of the finest laser hair removal solutions available, it works with triple wavelengths (Alexandrite, diode and YAG) allowing for simultaneous targeting of multiple tissue depths as well as anatomical structures inside the hair follicle. This ensures coverage of the widest range of skin and hair types. With the combination of varying penetration and absorption levels of these wavelengths, the application is faster and larger areas can be treated at once. As the name implies application of this device is accompanied by a cooling effect which soothes the skin during treatment for gentle pain free results.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What areas of the body can you get laser hair removal?
Laser Hair Removal can be used on virtually any area of the body including the face, neck, legs, arms, underarms, and back. It can also treat sensitive areas like the areola and bikini area and by doing so you save yourself the undesirable chore of constantly shaving or waxing these locations.
Does laser remove hair instantly?
Laser hair removal is highly effective at removing hairs but may require multiple treatments with a waiting period of 6-10 weeks in-between, this is due to the fact that not all of our hair follicles are in the active growth phase at the same time. By waiting in-between treatments it means we can make sure to target the hairs which were not previously in the active growth phase.
How painful is laser hair removal?
Unlike waxing, laser hair removal lasts a little longer then a quick stick and rip. The laser feels a little like a rubber band slapping against your skin, it’s not the most enjoyable feeling but it’s easily tolerated and not at all anything to worry about!
How long does laser hair removal last for?
Now although the word “permanent” is often thrown around when it comes to laser hair removal, after treatment there can still be some very minimal regrowth later down the line. Any regrowth can be easily managed with touch-up treatments every 6 to 12 months.
Does laser hair removal improve skin?
An unexpected benefit for many, laser hair removal can actually improve the quality of skin texture by evening out skin tone and reducing the appearance of sun spots . After just 6 treatments our clients notice a visible improvement in their skin. So as well as being hair free, your skin will also benefit from improved texture and tone, it’s like two treatments in one!
Should I shave before laser hair removal?
Yes we ask our clients to shave the day before treatment, you should shave with a clean, brand new razor. Shaving makes it easier for the lasers to locate the hair follicles.
How soon can you shave after laser hair removal?
We recommend waiting a few days before shaving after completing a laser hair removal treatment. Some extra skin sensitivity may be experienced right after the treatment, so it’s best to hold out to avoid further irritation.
Can I shower after laser hair removal?
Jumping in the shower immediately after completing a laser hair removal treatment is not recommended. After treatment your skin will remain sensitive to heat for up to 48 hours so it’s essential that your skin remains cool and free from perfumed or scented products until the recovery period is over. It may be possible to take a cold shower but please seek advise from your clinician at the Create Your Beauty salon in Watford.
How long does laser hair removal take per session?
The treatment time varies depending on the size of the area treated, a small area such as the upper lip may take as little as five minutes, while a bigger area such as the back or legs could take up to one hour. Please contact us for further details.
How many sessions of laser hair removal do you need?
Laser hair removal only work on hairs in the active growing phase. So Create Your Beauty recommends 4-6 treatments to effectively treat an area with our advanced laser technology. So you will return every 6-10 weeks to treat the hairs in the new active growth phase.
CALL: 01923 804445
REQUEST CALL BACK OR ASK A QUESTION
FINANCE OPTIONS AVAILABLE
Please contact us to learn more.
READY TO BE PAMPERED?
Save time and reserve your appointment online.